[Summit] Black Out AGAIN.

Tony Adams aa44ee at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 09:33:19 CDT 2014

I went down to the substation last night just after the blackout. A crew was at the substation troubleshooting and a retired National Grid engineer and local resident was there as well. He explained to me that although there has been a recent uptick in blackouts (a few resulting from the work under near Point Street bridge), this one was localized. The issue last night was somewhere along the line starting from the riser pole at Summit and Rochambeau and extending around through the neighborhood. A bucket truck was examining each pole starting from the Summit riser pole and would eventually find the issue somewhere along the line. A fallen tree branch affecting all three phases was likely the culprit. I didn't stick around beyond that knowing that NG workers were hard at work locating the problem and addressing it.

In short, I believe I understand correctly that last night's power outage was not a result of any inferiority of the substation.

-Tony

Sent from my iPhone