[Summit] Dog poop

Ben Prentice benprentice28 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 19:03:53 CDT 2014

For the record ,we have always had dogs, and do now, lest anyone think I'm
picking on dog owners or being unrealistic. While it may not be pleasant,
(but much of life isn't anyway) open the bag and squeeze it into the
loo like a freeze pop that we ate as kids. Throw the bag away. At least it
won't be creating quite as much methane and taking up as much space in the
landfill.

As to the biodegradable bags in landfills, this from Mother Jones:
*Can biodegradable plastics break down in landfills?* This claim, which now
shows up on everything from water bottles to trash bags
<http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2009/05/left-holding-plastic-bag> to
Discover's "biodegradable PVC
<http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marble/2007/11/expect-less-pvc-target>"
credit cards, is "disingenuous at best," says Narayan. Usually, nothing
biodegrades in a landfill. But if biodegradable plastics do break down in
this oxygen-free environment, they'll emit methane, a greenhouse gas 23
times more potent than CO2.

Gotta go walk the pup.

Ben

On Tuesday, August 5, 2014, Ben Prentice <benprentice28 at gmail.com