[Summit] Break in report

eugene sorkin sorki at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 23 20:56:55 CDT 2014

I hope that I am not mistaken but in 25 years living on East side I do not remember such high crime rate as we have today. Aaron Regunberg, who is running for Democratic primary came to our house a few weeks ago and said that the police station on Camp street has been closed for 5 years now. That happened because of budget cuts. When they had a station there, they were able to patrol our area much more efficiently and we were safe. Now, the advice we have is to keep windows and doors locked and be afraid all the time. I want some fresh air come to my house and I do not want to be scared. We pay taxes and we want to be safe in our homes.

My friends' 18 years old daughter was in the shower home alone when burglars broke the sliding door in the back of their house. My pregnant friend was sleeping upstairs alone when they broke through the closed back window. I was sleeping in my bedroom when someone came through my back door and stole a large sum of money. It is a good thing that no one was hurt. But the way it is going much worse things may happen.

Well, it seems that we in desperate need for reopening a police station.
Anna