[Summit] Car break ins

Jeffrey Cavanaugh jeff at cavanaugh.org
Tue Aug 26 12:20:00 CDT 2014

Sometimes I wonder if I should leave my car unlocked, with nothing valuable
in it.  Newer cars are very difficult to start without the key, so locking
the care probably doesn't do much to discourage theft of the car.

I was parked in a lot in Boston once, all day.  My car was in a remote
corner of the lot, and when I got back, I discovered that my radio had been
stolen (a 2-way radio added on).  The window was not broken - I had left
the window open by mistake!  I also noticed several cars around me with
smashed windows and missing stereos.  In a way, I made out better.