[Summit] Marcus Mitchell is leading

Mark E. Santow msantow at umassd.edu
Wed Nov 5 08:47:27 CST 2014

Karina, Art et al:

I am curious -- what does the law say, with regard to misspellings? One would hope that the default is to make a reasonable attempt to discern 'intent,' rather than to look for precision. If 'intent' is what's relevant (and I hope it is, for Marcus's sake, but also for the sake of the process itself), then someone writing 'Marc Mitchel' should have their vote counted.

Mark Santow
Associate Professor and Chair, History
University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

Blog: http://www.chantsdemocratic.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/alinskylives

" Dogma is the enemy of human freedom...The human spirit glows from that small inner doubt of whether we are right, while those who believe with complete certainty that they possess the right are dark inside and darken the world with cruelty, pain, and injustice."

Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals, 1971