[Summit] Major subdivision of historic Rochambeau estate pending: please sign petition to Providence Preservation Society

Jeffrey Cavanaugh jeff at cavanaugh.org
Sat Nov 8 18:33:14 CST 2014

http://providenceri.com/efile/2157

Shows the plat map that includes these parcels.  There are existing lots in
the adjacent blocks as small as 5000 sq. feet, and many quite a bit
larter.  I would say, from a quick eyeballing of the map, that 7,500 sq.
feet seems more typical and 6000-6500 sq. ft. would be on the small side.

Is it 10 new parcels or 12?  The e-mail is a bit confusing.

What would this petition do?  Try to squash any subdivision? Or try to
negotiate lotsize and/or architectural standards so that the subdivision
leads to the best possible outcome?  Once such item may be to preserve most
of the wall, less driveway cuts, for example.

I ask because I don't see the owner's being denied some sort of
subdivision.  It is a huge estate for an urban area, and It's not
surprising that no one will buy it as is, the taxes must be insane.  Unless
some community group wants to buy it, it will probably be developed
eventually.