[Summit] Answer to questions: Rochambeau/Blackstone Estate Subdivision

Mark E. Santow msantow at umassd.edu
Mon Nov 10 07:29:59 CST 2014

I have no position on the development one way or the other, though I am glad to see that our neighborhood is watching things closely. But as a matter of policy, I do wish that Providence would require that at least some portion of new developments include affordable housing. I assume that isn't happening in this particular case.

203 Rochambeau Avenue

Mark Santow
Associate Professor and Chair, History
University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

Blog: http://www.chantsdemocratic.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/alinskylives

" Dogma is the enemy of human freedom...The human spirit glows from that small inner doubt of whether we are right, while those who believe with complete certainty that they possess the right are dark inside and darken the world with cruelty, pain, and injustice."

Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals, 1971