[Summit] ProJo media coverage and Providence Preservation Society petition update

Ellen Darling ellendarling at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 15:32:36 CST 2014

Dear Community:

Thank you for your civic engagement and support! Your voices have clearly
indicated significant community concern about how the insensitive major
subdivision of this cherished property could diminish the beauty, history,
and integrity of the entire area.

Your 500+ signatures have drawn the attention of the Providence
Preservation Society Board & Trustees and we have also captured the local
media spotlight!

The front page of today’s Providence Journal ran our story: “East Side
Residents Mobilize To Protect Historic Brigham Estate”
http://www.providencejournal.com/breaking-news/content/20141110-east-side-residents-mobilize-to-protect-historic-bridgham-estate.ece?click=MV:1

Former Providence Journal writer, David Brussat, covered the estate’s
planned development on Architecture Here and There.
http://architecturehereandthere.com/2014/11/11/girding-against-the-granoffs/

While we have achieved our first goal by drawing public attention to this
development, a positive outcome at next Thursday’s critical City Planning
Commission Public Hearing on the proposed major subdivision hinges on your
ongoing support.

We need you to, please:

1) COME to the City Planning Commission Hearing on November 18th at 4:45 pm
on the 1st floor of 444 Westminster St.

**We need to pack the room. Your presence and voices at this hearing can
strongly influence the Planning Commission’s decision.**

2) Stay connected by joining the Google group to receive information about
the estate, share creative ideas for the property’s future, and strategize
about how we can move forward to ensure a positive outcome for all. Email
blackstone.neighborhood.org at gmail.com to get on the list.

3) Join our group on Facebook: ‘Blackstone Neighborhood Organization’

Together, by meeting the economic, social and historic challenges of
development in a spirit of cooperation and joint responsibility, we can set
a strong foundation for tomorrow.

With sincere thanks for your ongoing support!

The Blackstone Neighborhood Organization