[Summit] 440-460 Rochambeau subdivision: UPDATE

Ellen Darling ellendarling at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 18:32:19 UTC 2014

Dear Summit,

Yesterday, we met with the attorney representing the neighbors & residents
concerned about the 440-460 Rochambeau subdivision. The lawyer finished his
position paper for the City Planning Commission's hearing tomorrow and we
are confident that there is *rock solid legal ground *on which to contest
the proposed subdivision's immediate approval.

We can go into tomorrow's hearing confident that our concerns are backed by
serious legal questions that remain unanswered by the current subdivision
proposal.

We may, additionally, benefit by calling upon our elected officials. The
East Side overwhelmingly supported Jorge Elorza; we have been widely
credited as instrumental in securing his win.

We stand on solid legal ground, and while the outcome to tomorrow's hearing
is certainly *not purely political*, you may also wish to express your
concerns to the Elorza Transition Team office at 401-400-2430.

The currently proposed subdivision of 440-460 Rochambeau *is insufficiently
articulated*. *We need much more information before we know whether or not
it is compliant with the City of Providence's Comprehensive Plan. *

Over 600 of us on the East Side alone signed the petition to Providence
Preservation Society. Every major media outlet has picked this story up. We
have a platform. Let's continue to make our voices heard.

More information will be distributed this evening regarding tomorrow's City
Plan Commission hearing.

With sincere thanks for your ongoing involvement in this critical issue,

The Blackstone Neighborhood Organization