[Summit] Fwd: Info for the weekend

Dean W thedeaner at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 09:17:47 CDT 2014

Hi all,

The following is from the Department of Arts, Culture + Tourism, regarding
some of the great events going on this weekend, as well as some of the
travel challenges that will be out there.

Have a look, and pass it on to anyone you think might be interested.

And while we're on the topic, three cheers for our illustrious Dep't of
Arts, Culture + Tourism!

Dean

*This weekend is one of Providence's busiest, so travel will be
challenging, but it's worth the challenge, and with a little planning you
can enjoy all the events our City is hosting! We have attached links to the
events, that include Race & Parade routes and event information so you can
plan to have a fun and hassle free weekend! 10/11 The RI MIni Maker Faire,
In front of the Hasbro Building, including Adrian Hall way and AS220 on
Empire Street http://makerfaireri.com/ <http://makerfaireri.com/> 10/ 11 -
10/12 Gloria Gemma, Flames of Hope; A Celebration of Life  throughout the
downtown area, including Station Park with a special Waterfire on Saturday
10/11 http://waterfire.org/ <http://waterfire.org/> And a road race on
Sunday 10/12  http://flamesofhoperi.com/ <http://flamesofhoperi.com/>*

*10/12 from **1PM -5:00PM*

*Procession of The Lord of Miracle - Broadway, Bainbridge, Westminster  *

* 10/11-10/13  The Columbus Day Festival on Atwells Avenue, parts of
Atwells avenue will be closed 10/11 thru 10/13,  The festivities include a
Columbus Day Parade on Sunday 10/12
http://www.providenceri.com/ArtCultureTourism/annual-columbus-day-festival-on-federal-hill
<http://www.providenceri.com/ArtCultureTourism/annual-columbus-day-festival-on-federal-hill>
10/13 PRONK! A marching band event starting in India Point Park and
marching down Wickenden on 10/13 http://providencehonkfest.org/
<http://providencehonkfest.org/>*

[image: Lizzie Email Sig]