[Summit] Marcus Mitchell

Mark E. Santow msantow at umassd.edu
Tue Oct 14 13:18:30 CDT 2014

Thanks Kelly -- I will definitely seek him out, through email and in person.

A question, though, before we rush to judgment too quickly in our desire to get Jackson out: is anyone else bothered by the fact that Mitchell was a paid staffer for Rick Santorum during his Philly days last decade? Obviously one's views can evolve and change, and I look forward to talking to him about it. But I'm pretty familiar with Santorum's views on social policy, poverty, public education, gay rights, the role of religion in public life, etc., and if Mitchell shares them, that worries me.

Mark Santow
Associate Professor and Chair, History
University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

Blog: http://www.chantsdemocratic.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/alinskylives

" Dogma is the enemy of human freedom...The human spirit glows from that small inner doubt of whether we are right, while those who believe with complete certainty that they possess the right are dark inside and darken the world with cruelty, pain, and injustice."

Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals, 1971