[Summit] Marcus Mitchell

Delgado, Mona Moller mona_delgado at brown.edu
Wed Oct 29 11:24:20 CDT 2014

Thanks Karen, these are important and valid points and good information.

MOna

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Karen MCA <kbmcaninch at aol.com> wrote:
> I have known and worked with both Kevin Jackson and Marcus Mitchell on many issues, particularly due to my position as the union representative for the Providence Community Libraries.
>
> Based on my experience, I have concerns about Marcus Mitchell's candidacy.
>
> In addition to his association with Rick Santorum, who holds repugnant views on any number of issues I hold near and dear, I also object to him taking credit for work preserving the branch libraries in Providence when in fact there were several of us who worked on this issue (with Kevin Jackson's support) long before Marcus got involved and who continued to do the lion's share of the effort.
>
> Although I share the frustration that Kevin is co-chairing Cianci's campaign and know that his responsiveness to constituents is a real issue, I believe he has a much stronger record of supporting progressive community issues.
>
> Thanks for listening.
>
> Karen McAninch, 22 Memorial Rd.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Mona Delgado
Academic Department Manager
Italian Studies/Brown University
190 Hope Street/Box 1942, Providence, RI 02912
(401) 863-1561

http://www.brown.edu/academics/italian-studies/

This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended
solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any
views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of “Brown University”. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no
action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone.
Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email
in error.