[Summit] Seeking SNA Board members for 2015-2016

Schmeling, Thomas A. TSchmeling at ric.edu
Sat Apr 4 09:41:40 CDT 2015

Dear Summit Neighbors,

The annual SNA Membership Meeting is May 20th, and I am writing as the chair of the nominating committee to ask you to consider volunteering to serve as a member of the SNA Board of Directors for the coming year.

The demands are fairly low:  attend a Board meeting on the 3rd Monday evening of each month, and volunteer to work on at least one SNA project during the year. Those who are physically able also help deliver our newsletter four times per year.

The benefits are great: it’s fun and rewarding to get to know and work with your neighbors, and SNA is proud of what we do. Here’s a partial list:
Producing and delivering the newsletter
Annual music festival
Annual fall cook-off
Snow shoveling brigade
North Main Street subcommittee
Restoring the fountain in Lippitt Park.
Working with the Hope Street Merchant’s Association and the North Main Street Merchant’s Association
Monitoring and expressing the views of the neighborhood on zoning, parking and other city policy changes.
Any project you come up with and present to the Board could become our next project!

If you are interested in joining, please drop me a note. If you prefer to chat on the phone, send me your number and a good time to call.  If you can’t serve but know someone who you think could contribute, please have him or her contact me.

We’ll have a lunch for prospective Board members, probably the weekend of April 25-26.

We will present a slate of prospective Board members at the annual meeting. There is an election at that point, but you don’t have to campaign and there are enough seats available that the elections are never actually contested. If you want to take an active role in your community, we want you!

Thomas Schmeling
Secretary, Summit Neighborhood Association