[Summit] a note from the construction zone

Mikaila Mariel Lemonik Arthur mmlarthur at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 18:23:22 CDT 2015

Just wanted to share my experiences so far with the repaving of 4th
street: my driveway is not accessible because instead of a dirt ramp I
have a random pile of rocks; the one night this week I kept my car in my
driveway resulted in a crack to my bumper from how badly it is ramped;
and today I got a parking ticket for keeping my car on Highland, where
Jamie Samons told me to keep it given the situation. She says the ticket
will be made to go away, but in the mean time my car is still up there,
waiting for the next one. And by the way, in case you didn't know,
they'll be laying some pavement tomorrow, so no nice Saturday afternoon
in the yard to enjoy the lovely spring weather we finally have.

I, too, will be happy to have a street with proper paving, and I
certainly understand the need to ensure that polluted runoff is not
killing our bay. I am not, however, happy about having the third spring
in a row ruined by this construction. Our neighborhood has been held
hostage for three years, and all we have gotten out of it is property
damage (never remediated or compensated) and parking tickets.
--
Mikaila Mariel Lemonik Arthur
mmlarthur at gmail.com <mailto:mmlarthur at gmail.com>