[Summit] Fwd from Sam Zurier: Blackstone Blvd traffic, Schools, Firefighters

Robert Mathiesen rmath13 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 19:08:57 UTC 2015

Hardly anyone goes 25mph anywhere in the city, even though that is the
speed limit unless otherwise posted.  On Blackstone and Hope and North Main
I try never to go faster than 25mph, but I will pull over once I get an
impatient tail several cars long, so they can pass me at their preferred
speed.  It's not my job to make others obey the speed limit.

That said, in theory I'd love to see somehting done to make it physically
impossible for any private car ever to go faster than 25mph anywhere in the
city.  But I don't know what might accomplish that.  (What would happen if
every intersection anywhere in the city were made into a 4-way stop?  I
suspect even that wouldn't work.)

Bob M