[Summit] In denial, who's who, reactionary

Robert Mathiesen rmath13 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 16:25:21 CST 2015

And I stand by "mendacious" for the sort of abuse that can easily occur in
"consensus-building" from time to time.  It is possible to build a
consensus honestly and respectfully, especially in a small group, but in
large groups it takes exceptional people for honesty and respect to prevail
over some people's lust for getting one's own way at any cost.  And,
personally, I mistrust all consensus, and I find dissensus far more
condusive to realistic group action.

Fr Eng has been brief in the past, and the dialogue between him and others
has been on the order of, "You've got your facts wrong!" and "No. you
have!"  I am genuinely curious about his/her thinking on the subject of
governance and decision-making in groups, and I am also hoping to move the
dialogue beyond outrage and anger.  I have always learned far more from
people who go against the grain and cause trouble and dissension, than from
people who do not stand out from the group.  I hope to learn from him/her.
It seemed only courteous to offer Fr Eng to conduct our conversation either
in public or in private, as he/she prefers,

If you don't want to observe it, don't follow the thread.

Bob Mathiesen