[Summit] FW: Fowler's Toad tadpoles Tour on June 14

Greg Gerritt gerritt at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 11 23:54:01 UTC 2015

http://prosperityforri.com/fowlers-toad-tadpoles/
June 11, 2015
It rained for the first time in a month a week ago and the Fowler's Toads
and Gray Tree Frogs have come out to play at night every night since then.
The result is hundreds of 1/8 inch long Fowler's Toad tadpoles swimming
about the drainage swale.  I will be watching and recording as much as I can
until they hop away.
But I will also keep an eye on the weather charts.  In just a week the pond
has shrunk considerably and if there is no appreciable rain, it will be dry
in 2 weeks.  As the tadpoles need at least 6 weeks to transform into toads,
reproductive success this year is still very iffy.  About all the tadpoles
do is eat and rest, so the video brings you home with some special guests.
Greg gerritt

Because the pond is in such precarious water balance, if you want to see
tadpoles this year, you need to move fast.  I will be leading a tour on
Sunday June 14 at 10 AM, weather permitting.  Meet at the maintenance
building in the North Burial Ground.  From the entrance take the road all
the way to the LEFT.  It leads right to the maintenance building.  The
drainage swale is just befiore you reach the building.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Moshassuckcritters?view_as=public