[Summit] Baseball Stadium

Jeffrey Cavanaugh jeff at cavanaugh.org
Mon Mar 2 16:25:30 UTC 2015

Too funny.

http://www.urbandesignassociates.com/uda-news/2015/2/10/your-teams-walk-score

I think a minor league park in Providence COULD be a good thing, but it
really needs to be executed well, and I have little confidence in that.  We
can't give things away, we need to make sure the private investors assume
real risk, so they are committed to success.  We need to be sure the
stadium does not negatively impact the walk-ability and round the clock
appeal of the area.  In theory, it could be nice. Still sad to see it leave
Pawtucket, of course, but my real concern is that RI/Prov doesn't get so
scared by threats to "expand the search to MA" that they give away too
much.  Where are they going to go in MA?  Can't go too close to the BoSox,
Lowell already has a team. Gonna go to Springfield?  I don't think so.
Fall River?  Go for it.  This has to work for the city and the state or
else we pass, IMHO.