[Summit] attic foil

Andrew Nosal andy at mapcenter.com
Thu May 28 14:08:42 UTC 2015

seems like a bad idea- whenever the surface of that foil is colder than the dew point of the air in your house, water vapor will condense on it.

The living quarters should be well insulated from the attic space, and drafts should be sealed, but no vapor barrier. The attic space should be freely vented to the outdoors.  That keeps the roof close to the outdoor temperature.

This I learned from RISE.