[Summit] (no subject)

Shane Richards srichard at risd.edu
Mon Sep 14 10:02:47 CDT 2015

Hi,
 I researched this some years ago when the city accidentally plowed down
the tree in front of my house. While your driveway may be your
responsibility the sidewalk its self belongs to the city. If you go to the
city's facility web sight you can log a complaint about sidewalk issues.
Over the past three years I have contacted the city a number of times about
 the giant hole they have left in the sidewalk. I have been told that it
has been logged into the sidewalk deferred maintenance list and will be
attended to when they get that far down. I also asked about the possibility
of going out and repairing the section myself which I was told not to do.
As I said it has been three years and it is a deep hole. I get the feeling
that they just don't care, sorry. I have been on the list for a long time
and I call at the beginning of every season. My best advice is to log the
complaint and keep on them. I may not be squeaky enough to get grease.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 9:44 AM, Linda Pietras <l_pietras at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> In the same vein, I have a piece of sidewalk concrete lifting up due to
> tree roots.  It is a city planted tree.
>

> Linda
>

> ------------------------------
> From: chrislee at indburner.com
> To: summit at sna.providence.ri.us
> Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 11:59:37 +0000
> Subject: [Summit] (no subject)
>

> Does anyone have any advice on how I might best approach getting the
> sidewalk in front of my property?
> After last winter one section of concrete is almost non existent.
> Sent from Windows Mail

Shane Richards
Technical Assistant II
Rhode Island School of Design