[Summit] Piano instructors?

Emlyn Addison noisyblocks at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 16:41:49 CDT 2015

Hey Toby,

Before launching yourself (and your child) headfirst into piano lessons, I
highly recommend investigating musicforchildrenri.com first (taught by our
ex-Summit neighbor Lindsay), particularly for young children. I studied
music for many years and so I was a tad skeptical the first time we
attended, but I was soon very impressed with their approach to teaching
music to young minds: all the elements of music taught through movement,
action, story, singing and, of course, listening.

It's very thorough and the kids ADORE IT.

The 3s-4s usually focus on the above, while I believe the 5s-6s-7s and up
also begin to work on piano (and ukulele, from what I hear!). It's not
going to be as intensive as private lessons, but I'll bet it'll be a better
tool for engaging his/her mind.

My 2 cents, good luck!

Emlyn