[Summit] Summit Digest, Vol 131, Issue 9

Breslers breslerfamily at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 22:17:53 CST 2016

I am sorry to say I see this frequently.  There are several houses on my
block of 6th that do not have fences or hedges. People, one woman in
particular, just let the leash thing run out and the dogs wanders around
peeing on grass & bushes.
The *people* do not go on the lawns, which shows they know it is private
property.

Do you think a sign might help?
"Private property is not a dog bathroom- for #1 OR #2.
Please keep dogs completely off my lawn & shrubbery."

Many dog owners also seem surprised when I ask them to
please not allow their dogs to go right in front of my house,
even in public grass strip AND if they clean up.
The urine still hurts my lilies
AND everyone knows dogs have an excellent sense of smell.
Once one dog goes, it becomes a turf marking, p-sing contest.
That's exactly where that name comes from.
Ends up smelling like a cat box.
And all this is 5 or 6 feet from my porch I like to sit on.

Mrs B

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 1:38 PM, Elizabeth Moloney <moloney.beth at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Most dog owners I see on a *daily* basis feel like my yard is open to any
> dogs that want to use it as a bathroom.  More than half don't clean up
> after their dogs and seemed stunned
> when I ask them to stop (when I catch them in/just after the act).  I
> shouldn't have to fence my yard to make that point, but apparently that's
> going to be what has to happen.
> In the meantime, I'm going to continue to confront people about it.  I've
> spoken to three people this week alone and they all seem surprised - they
> don't put up an argument because clearly they know they shouldn't be.
>
> Cleaning up is apparently not a given, at least not around here.  It's
> infuriating.  My lawn is covered with brown spots from dog pee in the
> summer and has dog poop on the snow in the winter and no one thinks twice
> about it.  I don't have a dog, and even if I did, I wouldn't do that to
> someone else's yard.  I'm not talking about the strip of grass on the
> sidewalk either, this is the middle of my lawn.  I'm glad I'm not the only
> one.
>

> --
FISHEL BRESLER'S KLEZMER & HASSIDIC MUSIC -
*funded in part by a Folk Arts Fellowship grant from the RI State Council
on the Arts*.
www.LinkedIn.com/in/FishelBresler