[Summit] Neighborhood Survey

Ethan Gyles egyles at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 15:28:23 UTC 2016

It seems "Hope" is something the city uses on certain documents instead of
Summit, but that is muddled by the fact that plenty of our street signs
have the red neighborhood bar above them saying "Summit" which would
indicate it's an officially recognized neighborhood name. I think SNA's
definition of Summit is rightly a little broader to be inclusive. To me,
the "East Side" has always been Summit ("Hope" on city maps), Blackstone,
Mt. Hope, College Hill, Wayland, and Fox Point -- everything east of
downtown and I-95. It does seem a few entities cull out Fox Point (for
example, the Fox Point - East Side Little League). A bit more on this from
ProvPlan for those interested:
http://local.provplan.org/profiles/altnames.html

Ethan Gyles
Hillside Ave.