[Summit] Proposed 4 A.M. closing for Insomnia Cookies on Thayer St. (hearing 1 p.m. Thurs 14 July)

David Kolsky davidjkolsky at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 20:55:14 CDT 2016

I’m glad to pass on the information, Rick, (as I’m doing now) although I don’t share all of your apprehensions because I was a long-time wee-hours patron of Dunkin’ Donuts on Thayer St. (roughly opposite the bagel shop) when it was open all night.
It’s probably better to have a few places like Antonio’s pizza where departing bar patrons can eat (thus slowing the absorption of alcohol), drink coffee or juice, sober up and generally calm down  — especially if they drive — than to have them gather in unwatched, disorganized groups on the street.

I won’t, however, be able to attend the city Board of Licenses and give opinions either way myself, since, although I now live much closer to City Hall (on Federal Hill), I have a conflicting appointment at 2 p.m.
Best wishes,
Dave