[Summit] National Grid Rates

Breslers breslerfamily at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 20:40:09 CDT 2016

When they call or ring my bell I say come back in 3 more years
I remember when Ma Bell was first forced to "hare" it was the "wild west"
and this is the same.
I am waiting for things to shake out a little, for some companies to get a
reputation of being at least consistent, if not much cheaper.

Mrs B

On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 8:37 PM, Tony Adams <aa44ee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you elaborate?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jul 23, 2016, at 20:21, Mona Delgado <mona_delgado at brown.edu> wrote:
>
> Can't wait for the day infrastructure and serious future in the ground
> power will happen - this is a a really, really bad and stupid country on
> infrastructure and paying the big biłl is the only option!
>

> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Jul 23, 2016, at 11:24 AM, Coryndon Luxmoore <coryndon at luxmoore.com>
> wrote:
>
> Chris,
>
> You are correct, mostly alternative energy suppliers are not worth the
> switch. The 16 cents is likely inflated based on news speculation
> associated with the deep water wind agreement.
>
> After deregulation your electricity bill was split into two components
> transmission and energy supply. Right now you are using National Grid for
> transmission and PPL for your supply. If you are interested in switching
> supply away from PPL you would want to take a look at just that portion of
> your bill as you cannot switch transmission providers and its associated
> costs.
>
> As a PPL customer you are probably paying a premium over the normal Nat
> Grid rates. So if you are interested in lower rates and going to a
> conventional supply you need to see what their rates are today to have a
> true apples to apples comparison.
>
> You also should keep in mind that the National Grid rates are regulated by
> the Public Utilities Commission while other suppliers are not. This means
> they can adjust rates freely or based on your contract terms in a way that
> National Grid cannot. There is a case to be made that the PUC is a captured
> regulator but I don't agree it is as risky as switching to a deregulated
> for profit supplier for the average person.
>
> --C
>
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 5:57 PM Christopher Buecheler <
> cwbuecheler at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Summit,
>>
>> I know this has been mentioned here before but I can't seem to find it in
>> my archives. I was just informed by some people going door to door that my
>> National Grid rate is going to "go up to sixteen cents". My energy provider
>> is currently People's Power and Light, a non-profit that delivers wind
>> power. I'm happy with them. My impression is that this door-to-door stuff
>> is mainly a scam to get me to switch providers at a discount rate, which is
>> then jacked up after X number of months, but if anyone has more info I'd
>> love to hear it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --
>> -Christopher Buecheler - @cwbuecheler
>> -http://cwbuecheler.com | Web, Writing, Cocktails and More

FISHEL BRESLER'S KLEZMER & HASSIDIC MUSIC -
*funded in part by a Folk Arts Fellowship grant from the RI State Council
on the Arts*.
www.LinkedIn.com/in/FishelBresler