[Summit] Panhandlers and basketball

Andrew Cagen cagenlaw at acagen.com
Thu Jun 9 13:37:22 CDT 2016

i've also noticed more panhandling. It also seems to be at strategic spots with a regular at each location. When I pass by, I typically consider a couple of things: 1. Generally the panhandlers aren't stereotypical. Which raises the question of what is a homeless person supposed to look like? Can he or she be young and looking fit? Or does the job description require matted hair, a minimum age of 55 and preferably with three or fewer limbs?2. What are the economics of panhandling? Does it pay better than working at Dunkin' Donuts? Or as a paralegal? Or as a lawyer? I have no idea and the cynical side of me makes me wonder. Seems like this should be a chapter in Freakonomics.
As you can see, I have no answers but a lot of questions.
One more pressing question: Anyone want to play basketball again?

Andy Cagen

Sent from my iPhone