[Summit] interest in a forum?

Schmeling, Thomas A. tschmeling at ric.edu
Sun Jun 12 14:18:42 UTC 2016

I was about to sign up for Nextdoor.com<http://Nextdoor.com>.  It wanted my name and street address and it wanted a credit card number for confirmation.  Because I want to know who I’m dealing with, I Googled for reviews of Nextdoor.com<http://Nextdoor.com> before signing up.

On https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.nextdoor.com there are 236 reviews. 184 of them (85%) are the lowest possible (1 star).  The are concerns about bullying, dictatorial group moderators, spam, and privacy. There’s an app on the app store.  Of around 8,000 reviews, only about 400 are the lowest possible.

Does anyone know who the moderator on the Hope Next-door is?

The Summit Listserv is archived at http://sna.providence.ri.us/pipermail/summit_sna.providence.ri.us/ but there does not appear to be a search function.
John- Is the only way to implement a search to allow Google to index it and make it available to Google searches from outside?

Tom on 12th

Thomas Schmeling
Associate Professor and Chair
Department of Political Science