[Summit] interest in a forum?

Mikaila Mariel Lemonik Arthur mmlarthur at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 08:28:07 CDT 2016

A couple of things:
1) While it is not possible to specifically search the SNA archives, I
have managed to get archived emails from this list to come up in search
results on Google more generally (most recently while looking for one of
Greg Gerritt's videos, in fact).

2) Not that I am endorsing it, but you can sign up for Nextdoor without
a credit card--there is an option to have them mail you a postcard and
use that to authenticate.

3) While I am a Facebook user and would absolutely join a Facebook
group, I know many people who do not use Facebook for various reasons,
including due to concerns about providing our personal information and
control of our group's content and policies to a corporation. I think
that we lose a lot by moving to a forum like that, and I really value
the open, egalitarian, non-commercial nature of this mailing list. It's
one of the things that makes our neighborhood special, and I'd hate to
see us lose that (as much as I agree that the way people don't edit
posts impairs usability of the emails, especially when I am trying to
read them on my phone).

--Mikaila
--
Mikaila Mariel Lemonik Arthur