[Summit] Parking Meters on Hope

Timothy Lazarus timothyyl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 09:41:50 CST 2016

If a coffee costs $3.00 at the local cafe, but the minimum meter charge
when using a credit card is $2.25, that coffee now costs $5.25. $5.25 is
too expensive for that coffee, as well as for spending 5 minutes in a
parking spot. So now I am forced to choose - do I go to the nice local
coffee shop, or do I drive down the street to the DD's and pay $3.00? The
cost of a meter has to be included in the cost of an item, especially when
the minimum charge is so high. I'm not sure the city is taking that into
account.