[Summit] Solar panels

Kerry Kohring kerrykohring at gmail.com
Sun May 15 22:23:42 CDT 2016

Sherri et al:
     SNA is trying to arrange a briefing from Solarize Rhode Island. Here is some info I have already.

     Solarize Rhode Island (Solarize RI) is a program designed to encourage the adoption of residential and commercial solar photovoltaic (PV) systems through a coordinated education, marketing and outreach effort, combined with a tiered pricing structure that provides increased savings to homeowners and businesses as more people go solar.

     Solarize RI is a public-private partnership with the support of the State of Rhode Island. Our partners include:

     *The Rhode Island Office of Energy Resources (OER) the lead state agency on energy policy and programs.

     *SmartPower, the nation’s leading non-profit marketing firm dedicated to promoting clean, renewable energy and energy efficiency.

     *
Dividend Solar, an online, direct lending community that enables investment in residential solar at a meaningful scale.

*Commerce RI, the official economic development organization for the State of Rhode Island.

     The Solarize Rhode Island Program Administrators announced that Providence and the selected installer, Solar Flair, have been selected to participate in the Spring 2016 round of Solarize Rhode Island.

Kerry Kohring, SNA vice president