[Summit] Hope Street Trash

Douglas Itkin douglas.itkin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 09:54:10 CDT 2017

All,
For now the "disgusting state of the trash barrel" is cleaned up. My 2 boys and I spent 5 minutes putting the overflow into garbage bags and left one open bag on top of the trash can for any new trash.

To get a long term solution, I think it's great that people are using the city's 311 system to track the issue and calling  RIPTA customer service 401-781-9400 When we have a new Ward 3 city council person elected I'm sure she can also help to coordinate city services for future problems.

I certainly appreciate everything the merchants association has done to improve the neighborhood but they can't fix everything immediately while they have businesses to run.

I also appreciate the people who are constantly picking up trash on Blackstone Blvd and the parks in addition to what the parks dept does.

It takes everyone working together to keep our neighborhood looking great and I'm sure this one trash can is only a temporary oversight during the summer when more people are out walking and throwing out large drink containers.

-Doug

Sent from my iPhone