[Summit] Ward Three debate

Aaron Smuts asmuts at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 21:49:55 UTC 2017

Perhaps I missed something, but I don't recall seeing any discussion of the
fountain in the debate.  I think it would help a lot of people decide on
the best candidate if they knew where they stand on the issue of the
possibly dangerous and fragile fountain sitting in the middle of Lippitt
park.  This is one of the most pressing issues facing Ward 3.

Which candidates are in favor of immediate demolition?  Are any in favor of
putting up a tall fence with razor wire to keep the children safe and the
fountain beautiful?  Do any of the candidates want to fund a splash pad,
perhaps by increasing property taxes or charging a modest fee to use the
park?  Does anyone even know?