[Summit] Ward 3 City Council Forums

Ethan Gyles ethangy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 10:58:26 CDT 2017

*Ward 3 City Council Community Un-Debate & Candidate Forum*

Please join the neighborhood associations of Ward 3 for a two-part series
designed around community conversation and getting to know the candidates
for city council.

Mount Hope Neighborhood Association, Summit Neighborhood Association and
Observatory Neighborhood Association are proud to work together to co-host
this opportunity for our unique and diverse community to come together and
consider the future of our representation at City Hall.  The series will
include two evening engagements at Martin Luther King, Jr. Elementary on
Camp Street.

*Evening #1 - Thursday, June 15 at 6:30pm:* In the "Un-Debate" format, Ward
3 residents will have the opportunity to speak and voice their concerns to
the candidates. Other than a brief introduction, the candidates' job will
be to listen rather than talk. In a conversation moderated by Mike Ritz of
Leadership RI and Angie Ankoma, we hope share our differences and highlight
our similarities across the place we all call home.
Facebook event: www.facebook.com/events/1906781706270529

*Evening #2 - Tuesday, June 27 at 6:30pm:* In the more traditional
candidate forum format, moderator Ted Nesi of WPRI will pose questions on a
variety of issues to the candidates and allow them to respond and explain
their positions. The questions will be developed from the questions and
concerns raised during the Un-Debate on the first evening.
Facebook event: www.facebook.com/events/454639951538424

All Ward 3 City Council candidates who qualify for the ballot are invited
to participate in both events, regardless of party affiliation.  Our
neighborhood associations are run as non-partisan organizations, and this
candidate series will reflect that.

Light refreshments will be served during each event.

We hope that you will join us and help us make this conversation great!