[Summit] Are there really 3-4 public pools within 2 miles?

Annie Voss-Altman ahava27 at telus.net
Mon Jun 19 18:44:21 CDT 2017

I think this debate is missing the point of why kids jump into fountains or run through spray parks.  The purpose isn’t to swim, it’s to play. A splash pad is basically a playground with water to keep you cool on a hot day.  The prior jogging poster understood that.  The reason kids jump into the fountain is not because they don’t have a pool.  It’s because it’s hot, and they want to play outside - with water.  Apples and oranges.  The poster talking about sprinklers is on track, but I think the beauty of a splash pad or spray park is that you  can meet other kids and parents there.  It’s another way to build community.  I’ve seen the fire department sometimes open a hydrant on a hot day for kids to run around in.  A splash pad is like more like that fire hydrant than like a pool.