[Summit] Are there really 3-4 public pools within 2 miles?

Cynthia M. Donovan cynthiamdonovan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 19:02:45 CDT 2017

It is not in Providence - but just across RT95 in Pawtucket is
Veterans Memorial Park (271 Smithfield Ave, Pawtucket, RI 02860)
operated by the Pawtucket Parks and Recreation Department.

It is a simple, but popular pool, open daily in July and August.  (I
also believe admission is free.)

In addition to the pool, the park has a charming WPA built
barbecue/picnic area, tennis courts, softball/football fields,
baseball field, t-ball field, a basketball court, plenty of trees AND
free parking.

While the hike over the highway may be a bit much on a hot day ---- it
is a short bike ride or 5 minute car ride away.

Park images:
https://s3-media3.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/_jnLhDPgKecUH7rTlC8yGQ/ls.jpg
http://d3pktm18jhpn81.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/PAW%20LUNCH-4648%20sa.jpg?itok=ZAv_zUBh

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 7:23 PM, Robert Mathiesen <rmath13 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The Fox Point Boys and Girls Club on Wickenden Street, almost across the
> street from the Vartan Gregorian Elementary School, has a good pool and
> several good programs for kids.  This is the oldest boys (and girls) club in
> Providence, maybe in RI, coming up fast on 150 years.  The building and the
> pool are only a few decades old; it used to be off South Main Street before
> that street was redeveloped.
>
> The East Side Y on Hope Street is also very good, but I don;t know much
> about its programs.
>
> Brown University's swimming pool also offers programs for children to the
> public.
>
> --  Bob M
>

> On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 5:56 PM, <pete1188 at cox.net> wrote:
>>
>> If so, where? I know Davey Lopes on the south side but am not familiar
>> with others. Thanks.

Cynthia M. Donovan
CynthiaMDonovan at Gmail.com