[Summit] Jackson Recall election set for May 2

Art Norwalk art at norwalkcom.com
Mon Mar 13 19:25:41 CDT 2017

On Tuesday, May 2, voters here in Ward 3 will be asked one simple question
at a special election:

*"Shall Kevin Jackson be removed from the office of City Councillor?"*
*      O Yes*
*      O  No*

This is our opportunity to decide whether we believe Councilman Jackson is
fit to represent us, considering his years of failure to file campaign
finance reports, his filing of false finance reports and his felony
indictment for embezzling more than $127,000 from a youth sports
organization that he founded.

An argument will be raised that he is innocent until proven guilty. While
that is true in a legal sense, it does not apply to a recall. As voters, we
can decide that we know enough about Jackson's honesty to make a personal
decision whether he should stay or go.

The legal case probably won't be resolved for years. Can we afford to have
a council member with that kind of cloud hanging over his head and taking
attention away from issues of the city and our neighborhood?

If you believe it's time for Kevin Jackson to be removed from the City
Council, please consider doing three things:

1. *Volunteer *to help in the campaign. Go to
www.RecallKevinJackson.org/volunteer to sign up.

2. *Donate money* to help in the campaign. Donate online at
www.RecallKevinJackson.org/donate or send a check to Recall Kevin Jackson,
P O Box 6031, Providence, RI 02940.

3. *Vote YES* on May 2.

Thank You!