[Summit] Jackson Recall election set for May 2

Robert Mathiesen rmath13 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 10:54:36 CDT 2017

Yes, the CSA does indeed have huge problems, though it's heart is good, as
Emlyn says.

Now that I have read its proposed wording more closely, I think it hasn't a
ghost of a chance of passing the Council as written -- even if Jackson were
still on the Council and were to vote for it.  Providence voters have not,
in most wards, shown themselves to be particularly progressive or
idealistic in the past.  In some wards, a vote for the CSA (as it is
written) would probably work strongly against a council member's
reelection.

So that settles the issue for me, I think.  I will vote to recall Jackson
unless someone raises some new and relevant issue between now and May 2.
Thank you, one and all, for your comments.

Also, are you actually a neighbor of ours, "It is a Costume," living in
Ward 3?  (I mean this as an honest question, not a put-down.)  You see, a
nameless actor in a costume inspires enormous distrust in real life, and
can barely inspire trust even in theater.

Bob M