[Summit] Please don't get in or on the fountain

Martha Fraenkel mfraenkel at gmail.com
Wed May 17 19:54:22 CDT 2017

In Charleston, SC, every city fountain I saw was posted " please do not
use soap in the fountain".  That is, they literally invite and expect
you to enjoy the water.

Can we not do better than the endless needless controversy over this
fountain, which is nice but not THAT nice?   I  support replacing it
with one we can reliably and safely play in, which would have far more
amenity than what we have now: a vaguely handsome relic that is reliably
broken.

And now the kids are going to be threatened with arrest for doing what
kids do?

I agree with Aaron.    Something is wrong here, and not just with the
fountain.

And,  when we can't afford to fix or replace this fountain, how about a
pulldown shower or two, like you have at the beach?  Can we think  fun
instead of NO fun?