[Summit] Please don't get in or on the fountain

Thomas Schmeling thomas.a.schmeling at gmail.com
Thu May 18 16:07:09 CDT 2017

> On May 18, 2017, at 1:15 PM, Emlyn Addison <noisyblocks at gmail.com> wrote:
> . But, like others here, I'm puzzled by a) the reasons given for its regular failures and b) the apparent high cost of repairs. Or do I have incorrect info?

I think these are important questions. The city certainly did not keep up the maintenance as they should have The failure of the caulk is a puzzle, but I never bought the city’s explanation that kid’s pulled it out. I’d guess that the initial installation was probably faulty.  And the price tag for fixing the caulk (which I recall as given as $13k) was totally absurd, though I don’t know what it actually did cost to fix. I suspect it was much less than that in the end.

>  But how often do we notice the fountain? Once or twice a week when we walk our dog or visit the farmers' market?

If you’re really asking, the answer for me is “nearly every day”, but I’m not sure that’s the right question anyway.  You could probably say the same thing about the park itself.

I trust the Parks Director will agree to meet with the community as Ethan has suggested, and hope lots of people will turn out, if only to show the political types that people care about the city doing this right.

Tom