[Summit] Renewing the Fountain…

Robert Mathiesen rmath13 at gmail.com
Sun May 21 20:32:26 CDT 2017

Where beauty is concerned, tastes differ, and there's no arguing that
someone's taste in beauty is right or wrong.  For me, that fountain is one
of the most beautiful things in our neighborhood, an austere, stately,
timeless work of art and water that neither condescends nor panders to the
passing fancies of our age.  I would be very sad to see it removed, and
even more sad to see something take its place that I found less tasteful

But, as I said, tastes differ.  By all means add a water feature for our
children to play in.  They need such a thing on hot days, and the Billy
Taylor Park may seem too distant for some parents on this list.  Just let
the fountain stand for those of us who cherish such beauty.

Bob M