[Summit] PVDFest Public Art Project Coming to Hope Street

Rebecca Volynsky rebeccavol at gmail.com
Tue May 23 10:41:31 CDT 2017

Good morning, neighbors,

I'm excited to share that I will be installing a public art project on the
wall of 814 Hope Street (in between Studio Hop and Bank of America) for
PVDFest.

This mixed media painting/collage will be *temporarily *on exhibition from
May 27 through June 18. It is funded through the Providence Art, Culture,
and Tourism Department and has been approved by the Hope Street Merchants
Association, Bank of America, and building's landlord. I'm very excited to
share this artwork with my community and neighborhood!

Please see the statement from the press release below.You can also more
about it, here
<https://www.rvolynsky.com/new-blog/2017/5/21/cultivate-then-bloom>.

Thank you!
Rebecca Volynsky

---

*"Artist Rebecca Volynsky to Install Public Art Series, 'Cultivate, Then
Bloom', in Providence, Rhode Island*

*Artwork will be on exhibition starting May 27 through June 18.*
PROVIDENCE, RI -- Rebecca Volynsky will have mixed media public art pieces
on exhibition at the following locations during PVDFest (June 1 - 4).
Artwork will be installed May 27 and taken down June 18.

   - 46 Aborn Street, Downcity Providence (wheat-pasted, in partnership
   with Cornish Associates)
   - 705 Westminster Street (window display, in partnership with New Urban
   Arts)
   - 814 Hope Street (wheat-pasted, in partnership with the Hope Street
   Merchants Association)
   - Snow Street, Downcity Providence (in partnership and under the
   creative direction of The Dean Hotel and Kelly Knapp/Studio KCK for
   “Fountain Street Hooligans”)

These artworks, collectively titled 'Cultivate, Then Bloom', portray mixed
media floral paintings inspired by Russian folk art and botanical
illustration. Volynsky draws from past memories and moments to inform new
ones, acting as new landscapes in the artwork for viewers to explore. This
work is a form of visual storytelling that conveys fragmented memories and
moments of interaction through the layering of mixed media. As experiences
of joy and beauty often naturally fade but leave a positive impression -
 so do the intentions and physicality of these artworks.

The themes and symbolic elements in Rebecca Volynsky’s pieces revolve
around the ideas of strength and personal growth. Volynsky’s visual art is
influenced by life experiences and relationships, mental health, Russian
folk art, lively color, and organic shapes/color found in nature. Her
creative practice has always focused on setting positive intentions through
art making and cultivating what you have in the present to create a better
future and grow. She currently lives and works in Providence, Rhode Island.

This project is made possible by the Providence Art, Culture, and Tourism
Department. In it’s third year, PVDFest is expected to attract nearly
75,000 people and 504 artists to the Downcity area of Providence from June
1 - 4 as a multi-arts takeover of public space. Our great city has a vast
cultural and arts community, and PVDFest truly brings the art world closer
and more accessible to our neighborhoods.

To learn more about Rebecca Volynsky’s artwork and creative practice,
please visit www.rvolynsky.com or @rvolynsky on Instagram.

For further inquiries, please contact the artist via email,
rebeccavol at gmail.com."