[Summit] Fountain

Thomas Schmeling thomas.a.schmeling at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 13:06:52 CDT 2018

Thanks for sharing this, Jim.  There seems to me to be quite a bit of information missing from this story (which is not terribly surprising, considering the source).  Did the surrounding business owners attempt to block this?  What steps did they take?  Did they enlist the neighborhood?  What was the city’s response.  I’d be a bit surprised to learn that the business owners did not offer to pay the costs of keeping the fountain running.  What was the estimated cost of the repairs?

PS.  Aren’t we sort of required to have an annual fountain discussion?  Have we already had this year's?