[Summit] Fw: RIPTA’s slight Summer Schedule changes begin this coming Sat 23 June

David Kolsky davidjkolsky at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 01:53:54 CDT 2018

 The only East Side route I can see in the list below is the R-line down North Main Street.
A few are West End routes, such as (again) the R-line and the no. 20 Elmwood.
The other major change would be the addition of seasonal or extra busses to the beaches.
Dave
   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: RIPTA <marketinginfo at ripta.com>To: David Kolsky <davidjkolsky at yahoo.com>Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 12:35:03 PM EDTSubject: RIPTA’S SUMMER SERVICE CHANGES TO TAKE EFFECT SATURDAY, JUNE 23, 2018

RIPTA’S SUMMER SERVICE CHANGES TO TAKE EFFECT SATURDAY, JUNE 23, 2018 Minor Changes Include Seasonal Service Startups and Trip Time Changes The Rhod

|    |

|     |

RIPTA’S SUMMER SERVICE CHANGES TO TAKE EFFECT SATURDAY, JUNE 23, 2018

Minor Changes Include Seasonal Service Startups and Trip Time Changes

The Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) will implement summer service changes effective Saturday, June 23, 2018. RIPTA makes regular service adjustments three times a year in response to seasonal changes and/or passenger use.

2018 Summer Service Changes
 These annual changes are minor and include the start of selected summer services and trip time changes. Summer services scheduled to start June 23rd include increased frequency on Route 67 (Bellevue/Mansions), and the resumption of “Beach Bus” service which provides express weekend and holiday service to state beaches in South County.

Express Weekend Service to South County Beaches
 Available June 23 – August 26
 Starting June 23RD, express buses from Woonsocket (John Cummings Way at Community Care Alliance), Cranston City Hall, Central Falls (Dexter & West Hunt Streets), the Pawtucket Transit Center and North Providence City Hall will run on weekends and holidays only to the Salty Brine, Roger Wheeler and Scarborough beaches in South County. These buses will stop at Kennedy Plaza, with the exception of the bus leaving from Central Falls and Pawtucket. The fare for these express buses will be the regular bus fare of $2.00 one-way.

In addition, there is daily year-round service on Route 66 (URI/Galilee) from Kennedy Plaza running every 60 minutes to the South County beaches. So if passengers want to come home early or late, they have more options.

Passengers are strongly encouraged to check new schedules for how service changes may affect them. They may also pick up the leaflet entitled Summer Service Changes Effective June 23, 2018 that is available at Kennedy Plaza; the leaflet is also viewable online at https://bit.ly/2M0hSY3. For schedules and more information, passengers may call 401-781-9400, or visit www.ripta.com

The following routes will be affected by the summer service changes:

20 Elmwood Avenue
 30 Arlington/Oaklawn
 35 Rumford/Newport Ave.
 54 Lincoln/Woonsocket
 55 Admiral/Providence College
 57 Smith Street
 58 Mineral Spring/North Providence
 64 Newport/URI
 66 URI/Galilee
 67 Bellevue/Mansions
 71 Broad St. (Pawtucket)
 87 Fairmount/Walnut Hill
 R-Line
 Express Weekend Beach Bus

|     |

|     |

 ©2018 RIPTA | 705 Elmwood Ave.| Providence, RI | 02907

|   Like    Tweet    Pin    +1    in    |

|   Web Version    Preferences    Forward    Unsubscribe    |