[Summit] Fw: Kennedy Plaza RIPTA center closed this Sunday & RIDOT's weekly project update

David Kolsky davidjkolsky at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 21:00:59 CDT 2018

 Hi, I’m again pasting together a notice from RIPTA with one from RIDOT.
They are different from the ones I sent out earlier on Friday, because RIPTA’s is a special notice about closing its center on Kennedy Plaza this Sunday for maintenance, while RIDOT’s is its regular weekly project and detour update, including bridge work on the 6/10 Connector (treated more fully in my earlier mailing) and the Interstate 195 corridor in Providence & East Providence.
Have a good weekend,
Dave

Maintenance Scheduled For Kennedy Plaza Intermodal Transportation Center On Sunday, November 4, 2018 6AM – 7PM

Kennedy Plaza Will Be Closed For Maintenance

The Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) has announced a scheduled maintenance closing for the Kennedy Plaza Intermodal Transportation Center on Sunday, November 4, 2018 from 6am to 7pm.

The building will reopen on Monday, November 5, 2018

For more information on schedules or other RIPTA services, passengers can call 781-9400 or visit ripta.com.

|  |

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: RIDOT Communications <heidi.gudmundson at dot.ri.gov>To:Sent: Friday, November 2, 2018, 2:34:20 PM EDTSubject: REMINDER: Traffic Pattern Changes Coming to the 6/10 Interchange November 9

|   |

|  |

|             November 2, 2018 |

|  |

|  In This Issue  |

|  Carolina Bridges, Charlestown/Richmond  |
|  I-195 Corridor Bridges, East Providence and Providence  |
|  Nayatt Road Improvements, Barrington  |
|  Route 138 (East Main Road) ADA Improvements, Portsmouth  |
|  Victory Highway Bridge, West Greenwich  |
|  Woonsocket Hill Road Bridge, North Smithfield  |

| - |

| Stay Connected       RIDOT's HomepageWeekly Traffic ForecastCustomer Service |

|  |

|  |

| Good afternoon, As we shared last week, motorists can anticipate traffic pattern changes at the 6/10 Interchange beginning Friday, November 9. Learn more here. |

| - |

| Carolina Bridges, Charlestown/Richmond

The alternating one-way traffic pattern remains 24 hours per day along Route 112 North and South, from Butter Lane to Carolina Mill Lane. We are scheduled to install reinforcing steel at one bridge, sidewalks and bridge curb at another, plus place concrete at the third bridge within this project.  |

| - |

| I-195 Corridor Bridges, East Providence and Providence

Approach work is ongoing at the Parkway Ramp Bridge, with concrete repairs along I-195 East and West at the Purchase Street Bridge. We're readying the bridge deck for paving at both the closed Lyon Avenue Bridge and the Blackstone Street Bridge. |

| - |

| Nayatt Road Improvements, Barrington

Nayatt Road East and West, from Middle Highway to Bay Road, will be closed to through traffic as we reclaim (grind) the pavement prior to paving, Wednesday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Follow signed detour. Once the road is reopened, motorists will experience a gravel driving surface for a few days prior to paving.  |

| - |

| Route 138 (East Main Road) ADA Improvements, Portsmouth

We'll have lane closures for paving on East Main Road, from Boyds Lane to Turnpike Avenue, with at least one lane of travel open in each direction at all times. Although this work is scheduled weekdays from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., it may extend somewhat depending upon the progress of the operation. Paving is also scheduled on the closed portion of Park Avenue, slated to reopen in mid-November. |

| - |

| Victory Highway Bridge, West Greenwich

Working behind barrier along Route 102, we'll form parapet walls and approach slabs, and install granite bridge curb. |

| - |

| Woonsocket Hill Road Bridge, North Smithfield

We plan to install guardrail and fencing at the Woonsocket Hill Road Bridge, and place concrete at the Pound Hill Road Bridge. All work continues behind barrier with no lane closures. |

|  |

| Rhode Island Department of Transportation | http://www.dot.ri.gov

|  |

Rhode Island Department of Transportation

Two Capitol Hill

Providence, Rhode Island 02903

|   |

|  |

| Rhode Island Department of Transportation, Two Capitol Hill, Providence, RI 02903 |

 |  |