[Summit] Fw: RIDOT Updates on Providence River Pedestrian and Blackstone (1-195) Bridges

David Kolsky davidjkolsky at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 13:42:29 CDT 2018

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: RIDOT Communications <heidi.gudmundson at dot.ri.gov>To:Sent: Friday, September 28, 2018, 2:31:01 PM EDTSubject: We're closing the Warren Avenue on-ramp to I-195 West in East Providence this weekend

|   |

|  |

|             September 28, 2018 |

|  |

|  In This Issue  |

|  Carolina Bridges, Charlestown/Richmond  |
|  I-195 Corridor Bridges Project, East Providence and Providence  |
|  Providence River Pedestrian Bridge, Providence  |
|  Route 138 (East Main Road) ADA Improvements, Portsmouth  |
|  Victory Highway Bridge, West Greenwich  |
|  Woonsocket Hill Road Bridge, North Smithfield  |

| - |

| Stay Connected       RIDOT's HomepageWeekly Traffic ForecastCustomer Service |

|  |

|  |

| Good afternoon, As part of ongoing repairs to the Horton Farm Bridge in East Providence, we will close the on-ramp from Warren Avenue to I-195 West this weekend. Get more details here. |

| - |

| Carolina Bridges, Charlestown/Richmond

We will install reinforcing steel and place the concrete deck for one bridge, and place the concrete surface finish for the pier at another. |

| - |

| I-195 Corridor Bridges Project, East Providence and Providence

We still have more work to do, but last night, we placed the final three steel girders at the Parkway Ramp Bridge on I-195 West. Final paving is scheduled for Monday, October 1 at the Purchase Street Bridge. On Tuesday, October 2, we will reopen it and close the Lyon Avenue Bridge, with detours via Potters Avenue and Purchase Street. At the Blackstone Street Bridge, demolition is ongoing as we ready for steel girder installation. |

| - |

| Providence River Pedestrian Bridge, Providence

Ongoing operations include electrical work under the bridge and stone installation on the planter walls on the lower terrace. |

| - |

| Route 138 (East Main Road) ADA Improvements, Portsmouth
   Traffic signal work will require shoulder closures on East Main Road from Boyds Lane to Village Way, and sidewalk construction will continue on the closed portion of Park Avenue. Crews will work Monday, October 1 through Thursday, October 4 from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and until noon on Friday, October 5 due to the Columbus Day holiday.  |

| - |

| Victory Highway Bridge, West Greenwich
   We are scheduled to form the bridge deck, install rebar and backfill the bridge abutments behind barrier on Route 102. |

| - |

| Woonsocket Hill Road Bridge, North Smithfield
 Sidewalk and bridge rail work will take place at the Woonsocket Hill Road Bridge, with deck work and concrete masonry repairs at the underside of the arch at the Pound Hill Road Bridge.  |

|  |

| Rhode Island Department of Transportation | http://www.dot.ri.gov

|  |

Rhode Island Department of Transportation

Two Capitol Hill

Providence, Rhode Island 02903

|   |

|  |

| Rhode Island Department of Transportation, Two Capitol Hill, Providence, RI 02903 |

 |  |