[Summit] UPDATE from RIDOT: I-95 North Traffic Pattern Changes Start Friday Night, April 12

David Kolsky davidjkolsky at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 5 18:55:54 UTC 2019

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: RIDOT Communications <heidi.gudmundson at dot.ri.gov>To:Sent: Friday, April 5, 2019, 2:35:07 PM EDTSubject: UPDATE: I-95 North Traffic Pattern Changes Start Friday Night, April 12 + Gano St. & Ped'n Bridge

|   |

|  |

|             April 5, 2019 |

|  |

|  In This Issue  |

|  Carolina Bridges, Charlestown/Richmond  |
|  Centerville and Toll Gate Road Bridges, Warwick  |
|  Gano Street Improvements, Providence  |
|  Pound Hill Road Bridge, North Smithfield  |
|  Providence River Pedestrian Bridge, Providence  |
|  Route 138 (East Main Road) ADA Improvements, Portsmouth  |
|  Victory Highway Bridge, West Greenwich  |

| - |

| Stay Connected       RIDOT's HomepageWeekly Traffic ForecastCustomer Service |

|  |

|  |

| Good afternoon, Traffic pattern changes for the Oxford Street Bridge on I-95 North in Providence start on Friday night, April 12. This includes lane shifts on the Interstate and a new yield sign at the Thurbers Avenue on-ramp to I-95 North. See this link for more.

|  |  |

|  |
RIGOV

Official Website for the State of Rhode Island

| - |

| Carolina Bridges, Charlestown/Richmond

We have started phase two of the project, with traffic now using the new structures while we demolish and rebuild the remaining halves of the three Carolina Bridges. The alternating one-way traffic pattern remains on Route 112 North and South, from Butter Lane to Carolina Mill Lane, with crews working weekdays from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. |

| - |

| Centerville and Toll Gate Road Bridges, Warwick

We're working to replace the Centerville Road and Toll Gate Road Bridges carrying I-95 in Warwick. Motorists may experience a continuous right lane closure along Centerville Road (Route 117) East, from Commonwealth Avenue to Orchard Avenue, for overhead utility wire and pole relocation. Delays anticipated. |

| - |

| Gano Street Improvements, Providence
Preparation for new sidewalks and driveways requires partial lane closures and possible alternating one-way traffic on Gano Street North and South, from Trenton Street to India Street, weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. |

| - |

| Pound Hill Road Bridge, North Smithfield
Working behind barrier weekdays from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with no lane closures planned, we will prepare the surface for paving and concrete placement under the bridge deck. |

| - |

| Providence River Pedestrian Bridge, Providence

We are scheduled to finish panel installation and electrical work.

| - |

| Route 138 (East Main Road) ADA Improvements, Portsmouth
This project is nearing completion as we continue work at the Park and Ride at East Main Road and Boyds Lane, with shoulder closures along East Main Road, from Boyds Lane to Sprague Street, weekdays from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. |

| - |

| Victory Highway Bridge, West Greenwich

Rebar installation for the bridge walls will take place behind barrier with no lane closures planned on Route 102 and in the I-95 median, weekdays from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. |

|  |

| Rhode Island Department of Transportation | http://www.dot.ri.gov

|  |

Rhode Island Department of Transportation

Two Capitol Hill

Providence, Rhode Island 02903

|   |

|  |

| Rhode Island Department of Transportation, Two Capitol Hill, Providence, RI 02903 |

 |  |