[Summit] Resident feedback requested - Great Streets Initiative

Ethan Gyles ethangy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 15:26:31 UTC 2019

Hi neighbors,

Last Day! Apologies for the late notice, but we're sharing a message from
the city planning department which includes a link for residents to provide
feedback, and today, June 19, is the deadline! Have a look....

"Thank you to all who attended our Great Streets public meeting on
Wednesday! We heard a lot of valuable feedback from community members that
we will integrate into a revised version of the Great Streets Master Plan
throughout the summer.

The Draft Great Streets Master Plan includes:

Recommendations for improvements to more than 50 intersections throughout
the city;
48 traffic calming areas;
A citywide Urban Trail Network that would improve access for all 25 of
Providence’s neighborhoods; and
More than 30 policy-related recommendations.

Want to learn more? Couldn’t make the meeting? Don’t worry, there are still
a few ways for you to provide feedback!

Take a look at the draft infrastructure recommendations and provide your
feedback using our Interactive Online Mapper:

* The Interactive Mapper will be open until June 19th and is a great way
for you to take an up close look at some of the Great Streets ideas,
comment directly on those ideas, and add your own ideas for places that
need improvement: https://tooledesign.github.io/60150_P_Providence/
<https://tooledesign.github.io/60150_P_Providence/>*

Want a quick overview, but don’t have time to read the full Draft Master
Plan?

Check out the presentation from our June 12th public meeting on our website
at http://www.providenceri.gov/planning/great-streets/. Scroll down to the
“Documents” section where you will find a link to both the presentation and
full draft master plan.

Review the full DRAFT Great Streets Master Plan:

This document is also available on our website at
http://www.providenceri.gov/planning/great-streets/. Scroll down to the
“Documents” section where you will find links to both the presentation and
draft master plan.

Comments can also be sent directly to Alex Ellis, Principal Planner at
aellis at providenceri.gov or 401-680-8400.

Throughout the month of July, we will update the Draft Master Plan to
reflect community feedback gathered via the Interactive Online Mapper, the
June 12th public meeting, and feedback and ideas sent to us directly. A
final Great Streets Master Plan is anticipated to be released by late
August. We will also have our Street Ambassadors out and about at community
events throughout the summer to inform community members of this initiative
and gather feedback, so keep an eye out for them!

Once again, thank you for your participation in the Great Streets process.
We look forward to hearing from you!"