[Summit] News from RIDOT & RIPTA -- 6/10 Connector, Oxford St. Bridge, Bus Diversions

David Kolsky davidjkolsky at yahoo.com
Mon May 6 20:06:50 CDT 2019

  May 3, 2019

|  |

| In This Issue |

| Baker Pines Bridge, Richmond |
| Carolina Bridges, Charlestown/Richmond |
| Nayatt Road Improvements, Barrington |
| Oxford Street Bridge, Providence |
| Pound Hill Road Bridge, North Smithfield |
| Route 6/10 Reconstruction, Providence |
| Victory Highway Bridge, West Greenwich |

| - |

| Stay Connected       RIDOT's HomepageWeekly Traffic ForecastCustomer Service |

|  |

|  |

| Good afternoon, It's Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month. Learn more about how we can all share the road safely. |

| - |

| Baker Pines Bridge, Richmond

Expect daily work to continue on Route 3 under the bridge as crews chip loose concrete and remove rebar from the bridge abutments. On I-95, inside the temporary barrier, we will begin to remove the concrete approaches and bridge backwalls. No lane closures are planned during these operations. |

| - |

| Carolina Bridges, Charlestown/Richmond

The alternating 24-hour a day one-way traffic pattern along Route 112 North and South, from Butter Lane to Carolina Mill Lane, continues as crews work weekdays from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. to chip away at one of the bridge decks prior to its removal. |

| - |

| Nayatt Road Improvements, Barrington

Alternating one-way traffic along Nayatt Road East and West, from Washington Road to Rumstick Road, is planned for drainage work weekdays from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. |

| - |

| Oxford Street Bridge, Providence

Bridge demolition will require alternating one-way traffic  on Oxford Street East and West, from Eddy Street to Allens Avenue, weekdays from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.

| - |

| Pound Hill Road Bridge, North Smithfield

Working behind barrier along Route 146 South at the center median of the bridge weekdays from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., we will continue working on the bridge deck and repairing the masonry under it. |

| - |

| Route 6/10 Interchange Reconstruction, Providence

A right lane closure to excavate earth from the former Route 10 South land is planned weekdays from 6 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., with periodic lane closures for abutment removal on Route 10 North, from Westminster Street to Broadway, weekdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. |

| - |

| Victory Highway Bridge, West Greenwich

We will form and install rebar for the east abutment behind barrier along Route 102 weekdays from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. |

|  |

| Rhode Island Department of Transportation | http://www.dot.ri.gov

|  |

Rhode Island Department of Transportation

Two Capitol Hill

Providence, Rhode Island 02903

|  |

RIPTA IN THE COMMUNITY

CALLING ALL CYCLISTS

Get ready to pedal! May is National Bike month with many regional and local events scheduled to promote bicycling as a healthy and environmentally-friendly option for commuting to work. For the third year in a row, RIPTA is doing its part by holding “Bike to Work Week,” beginning on Monday, May 13 and ending on Friday, May 17, 2019.

To celebrate the week and meet many of our two-wheeled commuters, our Commuter Resource RI team is hosting an entire WEEK of fun with pop up locations that will feature raffle prizes, giveaways, and snacks for cyclists. The last day is also our closing party at Black Duck Tavern and the City of Providence’s annual Bike to Work Day, so we’ll be joining in the festivities there as well.

Click here for details on RIPTA’s Bike to Work Week.

Pictured here is RIPTA CEO Scott Avedisian (left) with OSCIL Board Chairman Henry Tarlian.

INDEPENDENT LIVING ANNUAL MEETING

Transportation means freedom for everyone, and that’s just one of the reasons that RIPTA works hard to meet the needs of as many people as possible. We are always learning from our passengers and we were happy to be in attendance for the 31st annual meeting of the Ocean State Center for Independent Living (OSCIL).

Established in 1988, OSCIL is a community-based, non-profit organization committed to enhancing the quality of life for persons with disabilities. The event was held at the Warwick Public Library.

|  |

|  |

SERVICE ALERTS

GASPEE DAYS CELEBRATION – SATURDAY, MAY 25 – MONDAY, MAY 27

RIPTA will detour Route 3 (Warwick Ave.) to accommodate the Gaspee Days Celebration.

Click here for details.

ANNUAL NORTH PROVIDENCE MEMORIAL DAY CELEBRATION & PARADE – MONDAY, MAY 27

RIPTA will detour Route 50 (Douglas Avenue) to accommodate the North Providence Memorial Day Celebration & Parade.

Click here for details.

RIPTA CELEBRATES MEMORIAL DAY, MONDAY, MAY 27

RIPTA will operate all regular fixed-route bus service on a Sunday/Holiday schedule Monday, May 27 in observance of Memorial Day. RIPTA offices, including the Photo Identification and Ticket Sales Offices in Kennedy Plaza, will not be staffed on Memorial Day. Also, the Flex Service reservation line (1-877-906-FLEX) and the RIde reservation line (461-9760) will not be staffed on the holiday.

Click here for details.
©2019 RIPTA | 705 Elmwood Ave.| Providence, RI | 02907