[Summit] Fw: Brown Commencement Weekend

David Kolsky davidjkolsky at yahoo.com
Thu May 23 20:53:05 CDT 2019

 Hello,
Included at the bottom of this is Brown University’s notice to neighbors about festivities and restrictions on Commencement Weekend.
If I have the chance (and the patience) to sort the web-links’ information into something still timely but less unwieldy, I’ll try to do so.
But since this weekend begins Friday, it’s undoubtedly best to pass on at least the basic information provided by Brown University below.

§ The confusing, overlapping notices about street closures and parking restrictions  need to be read very carefully all the way through, because some streets and parking spots will be open on some days for one set of hours for one purpose, and then on other days for different hours and other purposes.

[Bus diversions are not even mentioned here, but if RIPTA sends me an advisory, I’ll pass it on. Remember that buses will follow their Sunday/Holiday schedules on Sunday and Monday, when most RIPTA offices will be closed.]

§ I found this web page for Saturday’s events slightly easier to grasp than the one that Katie Silberman lists below.
§ Also note that the Campus Dance on the College Green (9 p.m. Friday), while considerably quieter than Brown’s Spring Weekends, may also spread some sound around the immediate vicinity.

Brown’s actual commencement is on Sunday 25 May, and RISD’s on the following Saturday, the First of June.
Have a good Memorial Day weekend,

Dave
   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Community <community at brown.edu>Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 4:54:05 PM EDTSubject: Brown Commencement Weekend
 Hello neighbors,
I want to let you know about the schedule for Brown's upcoming Commencement weekend, which can be found at: brown.edu/commencement. Campus Dance is Friday night at 9:00 pm. Saturday forums are open to the public, and are always lively and interesting. The forum schedule is listed with Saturday's events. Commencement will be held on Sunday.

|  |  |

|  |
Commencement Schedule - Saturday | Commencement | Brown University

Traffic changes and street closings can be found here: 2019 Commencement On-Street Parking Restrictions and Information, May 24th - May 26th | Department of Public Safety. If you have not already, you may wish to follow our Twitter and Facebook "Brown & Providence" accounts.

|  |  |

|  |
2019 Commencement On-Street Parking Restrictions and Information, May 24...

Thank you for your understanding, and Happy Memorial Day
-
Katie

--
Katie Silberman
Associate Director of Community Relations

|  |
Events | Brown University