[Summit] Summit Music Festival THIS Saturday!

Dean W thedeaner at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 12:41:16 CDT 2014

Hi Summit,

A friendly reminder that this Saturday will be the 5th Annual Summit Music
Festival, held at Lippitt Park from 1-6pm.

This is a FREE event, presented by your Summit Neighborhood Association,
along with the sponsors listed at the end of this email.

Aside from our world-class music line-up this year, we will be featuring a
Beer & Wine Garden by Trinity Brewhouse, as well as various Food trucks and
Craft Vendors.

We will also feature Kid's Activities, including a 40-foot long, 8-foot
tall Art Wall for a community collaboration (for kids and adults)!

The music this year is very exciting.  We were able to bring in Red Baraat
and their unique blend of Indian percussion, brass, and funk.  From
Brooklyn, NY, red Baraat has not played in Providence since being featured
in the FirstWorks festival a few years ago.  Since then, they have traveled
the world and honed their sound.  They are a musical force, and it should
be a high-energy set.  They end the day, starting their set around 4:30pm.

Another highlight is the Selwyn Birchwood Band, playing just before Red
Baraat.  Selwyn Birchwood is a young electric blues guitarist from Tampa,
FL, and he has been sweeping up blues awards all over the world in the last
two years.  His band plays Boston's Regatta Bar the night of our festival,
and we were able to convince him to stop in Lippitt Park for a set on his
way through town.

Aside from our two national headliners, we also have some of Providence's
best locals on stage: Smith & Weeden and Dr. Jones & the Shiners.  Between
sets we'll have Johnny Lingo leading duets with his piano students, and
back by popular demand, 16-year-old singer-songwriter Emeline Easton.

We hope to see you at Lippitt Park on Saturday, starting at 1pm sharp with
Dr. Jones & the Shiners!

Also, please spread the word!  You can Like the Facebook page and spread it
around, if you would be so kind:
https://www.facebook.com/SummitMusicFestival

Lastly, a huge Thank You to the 2014 sponsors:

HealthSource RI
Empire Guitars
Seven Stars Bakery
Mortgage Network